[Po4a-devel]0.20 release plan

Danilo Piazzalunga danilopiazza@libero.it
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 16:34:56 +0100

--Boundary-00=_g6yJCFSpO21I09m

On Thursday 03 March 2005 11:21, Martin Quinson wrote:
> > >He said that if the wrap would obey to the COLUMNS env variable, it
> > > would be enough. This is still to be done, but that's not a big deal.
> > > Jordi, are you on it or may I do it?
> >
> > I haven't used env variables in perl, so maybe you could get it faster ;)
>
> Done (google is sooo cool).

Er... I can't make it work, neither with po4a nor with a small test script
(see the attached 'wraptest' file).

It looks like that the COLUMNS env variable isn't passed to perl (see the
attached 'columnstest' file), unless it is explicitly set from the shell
(i.e. COLUMNS=$COLUMNS perl ./columnstest).

Again, this is only a cosmetic issue. Don't worry too much about it :-)

Cheers,
Danilo

--Boundary-00=_g6yJCFSpO21I09m

#!/usr/bin/perl

print $ENV{'COLUMNS'}."\n";
print $ENV{'HOME'}."\n";
print $ENV{'USER'}."\n";
print $ENV{'TERM'}."\n";

--Boundary-00=_g6yJCFSpO21I09m

#!/usr/bin/perl

use encoding 'utf8';
use Locale::Po4a::Common qw(wrap_msg);

print wrap_msg("Nel mezzo del cammin di nostra vita/mi ritrovai per una sel=
va oscura,/ch=C3=A9 la diritta via era smarrita./Ahi quanto a dir qual era =
=C3=A8 cosa dura/esta selva selvaggia e aspra e forte/che nel pensier rinov=
a la paura!/Tant'=C3=A8 amara che poco =C3=A8 pi=C3=B9 morte;/ma per tratta=
r del ben ch'i' vi trovai,/dir=C3=B2 de l'altre cose ch'i' v'ho scorte.");

--Boundary-00=_g6yJCFSpO21I09m--