[Po4a-devel]WML (was: New website?)

Martin Quinson martin.quinson@loria.fr
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:34:03 +0100

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 09:27:11PM +0000, Yves Rutschle wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 08:55:35PM +0100, Martin Quinson wrote:
> > My personal web page also uses this tool, and I've made a little
> > introduction page about it. It's not perfect, but you can see it here:
> > http://graal.ens-lyon.fr/~mquinson/about.html
>=20
> "Known bug: translations don't work." So, how do they keep
> debian.org translated? :-)

It's a known bug of my macro set. I tried something in the past, but it was
not the right way. And since then, I didn't try Denis's "recent" add of
gettext into mp4h (second wml's pass). It looks promising.

For debian, we translate every single wml file. Everything is in a uniq CVS,
and translators have special marker to indicate which cvs version they did
work on. See http://www.nl.debian.org/devel/website/stats/ for statistics.
Makefiles do the job of building everything, adding a note when the
translation is outdated. This page is, for example:
http://www.nl.debian.org/events/2003/0312-cebit-report.fr.html

So, basicaly, Debian have a great tool to generate html, but the translation
is still semi-crafted. The 9 passes of wml make it difficult to build a po4a
module.

Mt.

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N--