[Po4a-devel]WML (was: New website?)

Yves Rutschle debian.anti-spam@rutschle.net
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:27:11 +0000

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 08:55:35PM +0100, Martin Quinson wrote:
> My personal web page also uses this tool, and I've made a little
> introduction page about it. It's not perfect, but you can see it here:
> http://graal.ens-lyon.fr/~mquinson/about.html

"Known bug: translations don't work." So, how do they keep
debian.org translated? :-)

> If you want my personal opinion, it's quite a waste of resources to write
> the po4a site in php since there is no dynamic part. Wml gives you the
> ability to programatically build your site (intead of writing every bit
> manually) without requiering to rebuild them for each user when it's not
> used.

I feel that way about a lot of things done in the Web design
business: you could easily throw out SSI and replace it with
whatever macro processor (m4 or cc -E for example). I guess
computers are just so much faster than network connections
that it doesn't really matter.

Y.