[Po4a-devel] Another issue with po4a-gettextsize: verbatim environments are mangled

David MENTRE dmentre at linux-france.org
Thu Aug 17 20:24:00 UTC 2006

Hello,

While trying po4a on a more complex Latex document, I faced following
issue.

In my master document ../en/hoo.tex, I have:
% po4a: environment codesample2
% po4a: environment codesample4

In my document hook.tex, I have verbatim-like environments like that :
\begin{codesample2}
  [hooks]
  commit.example = python:mymodule.submodule.myhook
\end{codesample2}

However, after applying po4a-gettextize:
 po4a-gettextize -f latex -m ../en/hook.tex -M utf8 -l hook.tex -L utf8 \
           -p hook.po -o verbatim=codesample2 -o verbatim=codesample4

I get following content in hook.po:

# type: codesample2
#: ../en/hook.tex:402
#, fuzzy
msgid "[hooks] commit.example = python:mymodule.submodule.myhook"
msgstr "[hooks] commit.example = python:mymodule.submodule.myhook"

You'll notice that linefeeds and spaces are mangled. Is there a way to
avoid that (while still keep those lines in the .po for eventual
translation)?

Best wishes,
david
--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A David MENTRE <dmentre at linux-france.org>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A