[Po4a-devel] Re: [Translation-i18n] po4a build error

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Sun Aug 20 11:20:45 UTC 2006

Answering my own mail, here... ;)

On 20/08/2006, at 5:08 PM, Clytie Siddall wrote:

>> I don't know how to install perl modules on macos.
>> Module::Build is common module and can be installed with CPAN.
>
> The fink archive mirror isn't in a good mood. I'll have to keep on
> trying. I haven't used CPAN... <googling> ... hmm. I'll try that.
> Thanks! :)

I got CPAN set up: very nice. I think po4a installed OK in the end,
but po4a did complain that it needed three other modules:

> Checking prerequisites...
> - ERROR: Text::WrapI18N is not installed
> - ERROR: SGMLS is not installed
> - ERROR: Locale::gettext is not installed

I was able to install the first and the last, but when I tried to
install SGMLS, CPAN said:

> Package comes with a Makefile and without a Makefile.PL.
> We'll try to build it with that Makefile then.
>
>   CPAN.pm: Going to build D/DM/DMEGG/SGMLSpm-1.03ii.tar.gz
>
> if [ ! -d /usr/local/lib/perl5/SGMLS ]; then\
>   mkdir /usr/local/lib/perl5/SGMLS; \
>   chmod a+x /usr/local/lib/perl5/SGMLS; \
> fi
> mkdir: /usr/local/lib/perl5: No such file or directory
> chmod: /usr/local/lib/perl5/SGMLS: No such file or directory
> make: *** [/usr/local/lib/perl5/SGMLS] Error 1
>   /usr/bin/make  -- NOT OK
> Running make test
>   Can't test without successful make
> Running make install
>   make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

Is this some more missing software? I do have perl.

> Pearl:/po4a-0.27.2 clytie$ which perl
> /usr/bin/perl
> Pearl:/po4a-0.27.2 clytie$ perl --version
> This is perl, v5.8.6 built for darwin-thread-multi-2level

And is it likely to disadvantage po4a, not having that module for now?

Thankyou very much for your help with this, and for the introduction
to CPAN (which I am enjoying considerably). :)

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)