[Po4a-devel] Two additional remarks

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Sun Oct 22 13:17:24 UTC 2006

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 10:45:26AM +0200, Heiner Eichmann wrote:

> What also anoying is the fact,
> that the chapter is split into two strings:
> "This paragraph contains a picture" and
> "<emphasis>within</emphasis> the paragraph, which is surrounded by the text."
> This could make the translation a bit tricky.
>
> A workaround might be to place the mediaobject at the beginning of each para.

In the CVS version, you can use the option:
    -o ignore="mediaobject imageobject"

In that case, the string will be:
msgid ""
"This paragraph contains a picture <mediaobject><imageobject><imagedata "
"fileref=\"apicture.png\" format=\"png\">> </imageobject></mediaobject> "
"<emphasis>within</emphasis> the paragraph, which is surrounded by the text."

With the earlier versions, you can get the same by modifying Sgml.pm
(remove mediaobject and imageobject from the categories they are already
in, and add them to the ignore category).

> 2. If I use msgfmt to convert a .po into a .gmo, I get a message like
> "x translated messages, y fuzzy translation"
>
> It would be nice, if po4a-translate could print the same output!

You can get them when a po4a configuration file is used.

In you case, the file would probably look like:

[po4a_langs] de fr
[po4a_paths] test.pot $lang:$lang.po

[type:sgml] testproj.xml $lang:testproj.$lang.xml

Then run "po4a <config_file>".

Kind Regards,
--
Nekral