[Po4a-devel] Two additional remarks

Heiner h.eichmann at gmx.de
Tue Oct 24 18:41:29 UTC 2006

On Sunday 22 October 2006 15:17, Nicolas François wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 10:45:26AM +0200, Heiner Eichmann wrote:
> > What also anoying is the fact,
> > that the chapter is split into two strings:
> > "This paragraph contains a picture" and
> > "<emphasis>within</emphasis> the paragraph, which is surrounded by the
> > text." This could make the translation a bit tricky.
> >
> > A workaround might be to place the mediaobject at the beginning of each
> > para.
>
> In the CVS version, you can use the option:
>     -o ignore="mediaobject imageobject"
>
> In that case, the string will be:
> msgid ""
> "This paragraph contains a picture <mediaobject><imageobject><imagedata "
> "fileref=\"apicture.png\" format=\"png\">> </imageobject></mediaobject> "
> "<emphasis>within</emphasis> the paragraph, which is surrounded by the
> text."

I get the same with the cvs head. merging + translation looks good as well.
Thanks!

> With the earlier versions, you can get the same by modifying Sgml.pm
> (remove mediaobject and imageobject from the categories they are already
> in, and add them to the ignore category).
>
> > 2. If I use msgfmt to convert a .po into a .gmo, I get a message like
> > "x translated messages, y fuzzy translation"
> >
> > It would be nice, if po4a-translate could print the same output!
>
> You can get them when a po4a configuration file is used.

I call po4a from a makefile, wich creates most parameters on the fly. I solved
it, by just calling

	$(GMSGFMT) -c --statistics $(language).po || exit 0
	@rm -f messages.mo

before calling po4a_translate, which does what I want.

Best regards,

Heiner