[Po4a-devel] How to handle dublicate strings

Heiner h.eichmann at gmx.de
Wed Oct 25 19:56:48 UTC 2006

On Sunday 22 October 2006 21:31, Nicolas François wrote:

> The document could also be changed by using entities, and then using
> something like &right_not_wrong; and &right_not_left;

Hi again!

Although I am sure that the trick worked yesterday, I tried it again today
without success. In my testproj.xml I added at the beginning:

	<!ENTITY test_chapter SYSTEM "test_chapter.xml">
	<!ENTITY left_right "right">
	<!ENTITY wrong_right "right">
	]>

and at the end:

		<para>
			Demonstration of amigous translations:
			<informaltable>
				<tgroup cols='2'>
					<tbody>
						<row>
							<entry>Possible Directions</entry>
							<entry>Possible results</entry>
						</row>
						<row>
							<entry>&left_right;</entry>
							<entry>&wrong_right;</entry>
						</row>
						<row>
							<entry>left</entry>
							<entry>wrong</entry>
						</row>
					</tbody>
				</tgroup>
			</informaltable>
		</para>

po4a_gettextize -f sgml -m testproj.xml -p testproj.pot

gave an .pot file, with

# type: definition of entity &wrong_right;
#:
#, no-wrap
msgid "right"
msgstr ""

at the beginning. No further mentioning of "right" in the .pot file! Did I
make a mistake or is there a bug?

Best  regards,

Heiner