[Po4a-devel] How to handle dublicate strings

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Wed Oct 25 11:56:27 CEST 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 09:56:48PM +0200, Heiner wrote:
> On Sunday 22 October 2006 21:31, Nicolas François wrote:
> >
> > The document could also be changed by using entities, and then using
> > something like &right_not_wrong; and &right_not_left;
>
> Although I am sure that the trick worked yesterday, I tried it again today
> without success. In my testproj.xml I added at the beginning:

Hum, you're right (!wrong).

I don't think there is a simple way to solve this.
You will have to use a language trick or set options so that more context
is provided.

Maybe the following is also acceptable (I put an additional space) :

	<!ENTITY left_right "right">
	<!ENTITY wrong_right "right ">

> msgid "right"
> msgstr ""
>
> at the beginning. No further mentioning of "right" in the .pot file! Did I
> make a mistake or is there a bug?

&wrong_right; was not translated because already translated entities alone
are not translated.

Best  regards,
--
Nekral