[Po4a-devel] How to handle dublicate strings

Heiner h.eichmann at gmx.de
Fri Oct 27 19:52:24 CEST 2006

Hi again!

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 11:56, Nicolas François wrote:
> Maybe the following is also acceptable (I put an additional space) :
>
> 	<!ENTITY left_right "right">
> 	<!ENTITY wrong_right "right ">

Its a hack but for the few occasions such amiguities may oocur it is
reasonable.

Another minor issue: if I compare the .pot files created by one of the last
versions (I think it was 0.29) with the csv from a few day ago, I notice,
that some strings got an additional \n at the end:

# type: <holder></holder>
#: ./testproj.xml:22
#, no-wrap
msgid "J.T. Kirk\n"
msgstr ""

# type: <title></title>
#: ./testproj.xml:25
#, no-wrap
msgid "testproj\n"
msgstr ""

# type: <title></title>
#: ./testproj.xml:26
#, no-wrap
msgid "Preface to testproj\n"
msgstr ""

# type: <title></title>
#: ./testproj.xml:68 ./test_chapter.xml:1
#, no-wrap
msgid "Test Chapter\n"
msgstr ""

Obviously all holder and and title tags. Is this intentionally?

Best regards,

Heiner