[Po4a-devel] lost '?' in output encoding EUC-JP

KISE Hiroshi kise at fuyuneko.jp
Tue Sep 5 08:49:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm trying translate dselect(1) in dpkg package.  I don't understand
why lost '?' in output file.

I attached simple sample files.

$ tar zxf po4a-sample.tar.gz
$ cd po4a-sample
$ po4a --no-backups -L EUC-JP foo.1.cfg
$ cat ./man/ja/foo.1
01234\ 56789
$ po4a --no-backups -L UTF-8 foo.1.cfg
$ cat ./man/ja/foo.1
01234?56789

I need output encoding in EUC-JP.  How do I escape '?' ?

Versions of packages po4a depends on:
ii  gettext                   0.14.6-1       GNU Internationalization utilities
ii  libsgmls-perl             1.03ii-31      Perl modules for processing SGML p
ii  perl                      5.8.8-6.1      Larry Wall's Practical Extraction
ii  perl-modules              5.8.8-6.1      Core Perl modules
ii  sp                        1.3.4-1.2.1-47 James Clark's SGML parsing tools

Versions of packages po4a recommends:
ii  liblocale-gettext-perl        1.05-1     Using libc functions for internati
ii  libterm-readkey-perl          2.30-3     A perl module for simple terminal
ii  libtext-wrapi18n-perl         0.06-5     internationalized substitute of Te