[Po4a-devel] Translatable attributes in HTML

Yves Rutschle debian.anti-spam at rutschle.net
Wed Aug 8 10:50:21 UTC 2007

> Note also that you may want to try the xhtml module. It may provide a
> better result (even if it's for regular HTML and not XHTML).

I second that. HTML.pm won't help much for any "big"
project, mostly because it doesn't manage in-line tags. This
means that things like:

Turns into 3 msgids:

1: Independance day is on the 4
2: th
3: of July

This is awkward at best, but worse is that it won't help
translation in many languages.

Fixing HTML.pm turned out to be too complicated if you want
it to work on non-well-formed HTML. And if your HTML is
well-formed, you're almost up to using XHTML, which, on the
other hand, works pretty well (for me, anyway).

Y.