[Po4a-devel] Translatable attributes in HTML

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Wed Aug 8 12:16:01 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 01:52:47PM +0300, yavor at gnu.org wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 12:50:21PM +0200, Yves Rutschle wrote:
> > > Note also that you may want to try the xhtml module. It may provide
> > > a better result (even if it's for regular HTML and not XHTML).
> >
> > I second that.
>
> Unfortunately the XHTML backend is not suitable for us.  Our pages are
> XHTML, but they only become valid when the web server processes the
> various #include directives.

The Xml module (and hence the Xhtml module, which is based on it) does not
try to validate the page, so it may work anyway.

If it does not work, I can have a look at it (i.e. either implement
something like #include, or try to tweak the Xhtml module so that it works
on your pages).

IMO, if the #include thing does not do nasty things, like opening a tag in
one file and closing it in another, there should be no problem.

Regarding #include, I recently added support for external parsed entities
in Xml, which should be quite equivalent.

I will try to release 0.32 soon.

Best Regards,
--
Nekral