[Po4a-devel] Translatable attributes in HTML

Kaloian Doganov kaloian at doganov.org
Wed Aug 8 12:00:25 UTC 2007

Yavor Doganov <yavor at gnu.org> writes:

    Unfortunately the XHTML backend is not suitable for us.  Our pages
    are XHTML, but they only become valid when the web server
    processes the various #include directives.

Strictly speaking, at the time being processed by po4a, our documents
in their source format are not even well-formed.  Yes, they happen to
be valid XHTML when served to the HTTP clients, but that's a lot later
— after SSI takes place.

So, any backend that requires a well-formed input is unusable for us.
If the problem with inline elements turns out to be a real trouble,
maybe we'll look how to improve po4a's HTML module to process inline
elements like XHTML does.

--
Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM, learn more at