[Po4a-devel] po4a-translate does not recognize new strings

Runa Sandvik runa.sandvik at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 18:33:55 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Nicolas
François<nicolas.francois at centraliens.net> wrote:
> This could be caused by:
>  * an outdated PO file (not synchronized with the current (English)
>   document)
>  * a corrupted PO file (e.g. a msgid changed)
>  * po4a-translate being called with different module options (-o) than
>   po4a-gettextize
>  * a po4a bug

I created the po file again (to make sure that it's new and properly
synced with the current document). I translated the po file (some of
the translations aren't perfect or completed, but every po-string have
a translation) and then tried to run po4a-translate again:

po4a-translate -f wml -m 30seconds.wml -p 30seconds.po -l
no-30seconds.wml -L utf-8 --master-charset utf-8 -v
We found translations for 84.37%  (27 from 32) of strings.
30seconds.wml is 84.37% translated (27 of 32 strings).

> If this is not one of the 3 first cases, I would need the english
> document, the PO file, and the options for po4a-translate to reproduce
> this.

I have uploaded the two files here: http://folk.ntnu.no/runasand/po4a/

Also, you'll notice that the three last po-strings in the po file are
translated, but they don't come out as translated in no-30seconds.wml.
I'm not sure why.

Thanks in advance,

--
Runa Sandvik