[Po4a-devel] Section 3 manpages for modules

Neil Williams codehelp at debian.org
Tue Nov 10 16:37:58 UTC 2009

po4a currently builds files like:

/usr/share/man/fr/man3/Locale::Po4a::Common.3pm.gz

I think this should be:

/usr/share/man/fr/man3/Locale::Po4a::Common.3.gz

i.e. there is no man section "3pm", there is a section '3'.

A lot of the files I can find on my system that are listed as in section
'3pm' by dwww are from perl modules but 'man' does not accept the 3pm
and assumes (3) as long as you don't specify '3pm'.

po4a-build will create files in section '3', if there are any problems
with that (there's no override support at this time), let me know.

In the output, man does this with the current files:
Locale::Po4a::Chooser(3pm) User Contributed Perl Documentation
Locale::Po4a::Chooser(3pm)

and this with the new files:

Locale::Po4a::Chooser(3)  User Contributed Perl Documentation
Locale::Po4a::Chooser(3)

--

Neil Williams