[Po4a-devel] Section 3 manpages for modules

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Tue Nov 10 19:20:38 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 04:37:58PM +0000, codehelp at debian.org wrote:
> po4a currently builds files like:
>
> /usr/share/man/fr/man3/Locale::Po4a::Common.3pm.gz
>
> I think this should be:
>
> /usr/share/man/fr/man3/Locale::Po4a::Common.3.gz
>
> i.e. there is no man section "3pm", there is a section '3'.
>
> A lot of the files I can find on my system that are listed as in section
> '3pm' by dwww are from perl modules but 'man' does not accept the 3pm
> and assumes (3) as long as you don't specify '3pm'.
>
> po4a-build will create files in section '3', if there are any problems
> with that (there's no override support at this time), let me know.

No, that should not be an issue.
I do not know of any program that differentiate between sections 3pm and 3.
I just sticked to this section name because it is the default when
manpages are generated by perl builder tools.

At that time, the references to other modules (in the SEE ALSO section)
will have to be updated.

Best Regards,
--
Nekral