[Po4a-devel] Polish man pages broken again in po4a 0.37

Neil Williams codehelp at debian.org
Mon Nov 23 17:15:46 UTC 2009

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:25:27 +0000
Neil Williams <codehelp at debian.org> wrote:

> > I committed a change for the Pod module that adds the =encoding line
> > automatically (or let's say in a more reliable way).
> > It used to be only based on the -L option. Now it also takes into
> > account the encoding of the PO file (the same algorithm is used to
> > define the output document encoding).
>
> With that change, is there any need for po4a-build to do anything with
> utf-8?

Forget that, I've done some testing (thanks to Robert's example) and
I'll fix this issue in my next commit.

> > > I can make it a configuration setting in the po4a-build.conf file
> > > - the question is which way should it default? UTF-8 on or off?
> >
> > I would propose to use the --utf8 option by default.

OK. With so few packages using po4a-build right now, I think I'll put
the default in place for 0.37.1 and make it configurable along with the
support for other options to pass to po4a or pod2man.

With that change, are we OK for me to release 0.37.1 tonight?

--

Neil Williams