[Po4a-devel] [po4a] Error with Text: \n symbol missing

Omar Campagne ocampagne at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 11:53:09 UTC 2009

Hello:

I am part of the l10n project for vim at assembla (vim-doc-es).
It has been very helpful to us, as we used it to gettextize previously
done translations that were edited in normal text files. However, I
encountered some issues I had to solve with po2txt/txt2po

This is a representation of the issue.

Original usr_01.txt in Vim:

This chapter introduces the manuals available with Vim.  Read this to
know the
conditions under which the commands are explained.

|01.1|    Two manuals
|01.2|    Vim installed
|01.3|    Using the Vim tutor
|01.4|    Copyright

po4a:

This chapter introduces the manuals available with Vim.  Read this to
know the
conditions under which the commands are explained.

|01.1|    Two manuals|01.2|    Vim installed|01.3|    Using the Vim
tutor|01.4|    Copyright

txt2po:

This chapter introduces the manuals available with Vim.  Read this to
know the
conditions under which the commands are explained.

|01.1|    Two manuals\n
|01.2|    Vim installed\n
|01.3|    Using the Vim tutor\n
|01.4|    Copyright

It is curious that po4a respects the '\n's throughout the document in
every file, but for this bit. After gettextization I had to msgmerge -U
with the POT file generated by txt2po due to this and another issue.
Samething if I tried to update all in one shot (plus the fuzzy strings
added).

I really like the po4a.cfg element, as it proved very useful (and fun :)
to me tweaking it when I translated aptitude-doc-es for upcoming
aptitude 0.6, and I would like our project to benefit from po4a's
automatizations, as well as to propose it other vim localizations
projects (in case they don't use it yet).

Is there any way to solve this issue? I haven't seen much in the modules
manpages.

Please, CC me as I am not suscribed to this list.
Thanks and cheers for the good work!

Regards, Omar