[Po4a-devel] [po4a] Error with Text: \n symbol missing

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Fri Oct 23 22:18:01 UTC 2009

Hi,

(By the way, thanks for the translation of the web site. I just committed
it)

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 01:53:09PM +0200, ocampagne at gmail.com wrote:

> |01.1|    Two manuals\n
> |01.2|    Vim installed\n
> |01.3|    Using the Vim tutor\n
> |01.4|    Copyright
>
> It is curious that po4a respects the '\n's throughout the document
> in every file, but for this bit. After gettextization I had to
> msgmerge -U with the POT file generated by txt2po due to this and
> another issue. Samething if I tried to update all in one shot (plus
> the fuzzy strings added).

Could you send me the usr_01.txt file you used and the po4a commands you
used (with the config file if you are using one).

I found a usr_01.txt which is most probably the same as yours, and there
is a (single) tabulation between '|01.1|' and 'Two manuals'

po4a does not consider paragraphs with tabulation as verbatim paragraphs.
If there were (at least) three spaces instead that would have been
detected correctly.

Do you know if vim is using a standard format (or is it only used for the
vim documentation).
In this case, it would be nice to create a specific module (or an option
to the text module). This could be used to handle menus, or options
specifically.

If this is not really a standard format (i.e. if it is not worth doing a
new module) some new options could also be added that could be used by
other text-like format. For example an option could indicate that
paragraph containing tabulation shall be handled as verbatim paragraph
(no rewrap).

> I really like the po4a.cfg element, as it proved very useful (and
> fun :) to me tweaking it when I translated aptitude-doc-es for
> upcoming aptitude 0.6, and I would like our project to benefit from
> po4a's automatizations, as well as to propose it other vim
> localizations projects (in case they don't use it yet).
>
> Is there any way to solve this issue? I haven't seen much in the
> modules manpages.

There is currently no way to fix this (i.e. with the current po4a
version).

Do you thunk there should be an option to activate a vim documentation
specific mode, or should we add options only for tabulations?

Once this is done, there is a way to use a modified module, even if po4a
is not yet released or available in a distribution.

Best Regards,
--
Nekral