[Po4a-devel] Suggestion: New page on the website with links to projects using po4a

David Prévot david at tilapin.org
Thu Aug 19 16:20:34 UTC 2010

Le 19/08/2010 11:01, Denis Barbier a écrit :
> Hello,

Hi,

> I am usually not a big fan of those "These projects use XXX" pages,
> but as po4a is a little bit complex to start with, I believe that such
> a page could be very helpful for beginners.
> What do you think?  Is this a stupid idea?

I think it would be great, I must admit I was looking for such
information when I first try to use it, in order to copy some idea from
the source code.

>  Is someone interested by this task?

I guess some projects could be found by looking for po4a in the Sources
list of apt in a Debian box (and I wonder why I didn't thought of a
search like this earlier).

Do you have something else in mind?

Here is a list of source packages depending of po4a, po4a is a false
positive in this list (there could be others), some project may use po4a
in the dist-build target and thus not depend on po4a at build time, and
of course, not every project are in Debian, but that's a start.

I'm pretty sure someone could write something proper and pull the
Homepage in the process when available. Anyway, I could verify this list
if you want, do you think of any other information we could pull? What
form do you want for them? I'm looking at grep-dctrl(1) (dctrl-tools) in
order to find a better way to do this.

$ grep po4a -B8
/var/lib/apt/lists/lapin\:3142_ftp.us.debian.org_debian_dists_squeeze_main_source_Sources
| grep Package: | sed  's/Package: //'
adduser
apt-build
apt-cross