[Po4a-devel] Suggestion: New page on the website with links to projects using po4a

Denis Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 22:46:31 UTC 2010

On 2010/8/19 David Prévot <david at tilapin.org>:

> Le 19/08/2010 11:01, Denis Barbier a écrit :
>> Hello,
>
> Hi,
>
>> I am usually not a big fan of those "These projects use XXX" pages,
>> but as po4a is a little bit complex to start with, I believe that such
>> a page could be very helpful for beginners.
>> What do you think?  Is this a stupid idea?
>
> I think it would be great, I must admit I was looking for such
> information when I first try to use it, in order to copy some idea from
> the source code.
>
>>  Is someone interested by this task?
>
> I guess some projects could be found by looking for po4a in the Sources
> list of apt in a Debian box (and I wonder why I didn't thought of a
> search like this earlier).
>
> Do you have something else in mind?

In fact yes, I am afraid that such a listing could make people believe
that po4a is used only by Debian.
A quick search against po4a gave
 http://wiki.amule.org/index.php/Translating_Docs
 http://wiki.wesnoth.org/GettextForTranslators

Other programs are listed at
 http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po4a/fr
for instance videolan-doc, wine-doc and xfce4-terminal are surely
worth mentioning.
One can then search for their VCS to check that they really use po4a, e.g
  http://source.winehq.org/git/docs.git/
  http://svn.videolan.org/listing.php?repname=VideoLAN+Websites&path=/www.videolan.org/doc/play-howto/src/#_www.videolan.org_doc_play-howto_src_
  but xfce4-terminal does not use po4a, no idea why it was listed.

Denis