[Po4a-devel] [po4a-Bugs][312893] RFE: provide an option that only recreates translated files from po and original

po4a-bugs at alioth.debian.org po4a-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Wed Dec 15 18:44:40 UTC 2010

Bugs item #312893, was changed at 2010-12-15 18:36 by Denis Barbier
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410622&aid=312893&group_id=30267

Category: None
Group: None
Resolution: None

Initial Comment:
Currently, the only way to use po4a to only recreate translated files from originals and .po files is calling po4a-translate. However, this has the downside of not using the config file.

Since po4a already contains --no-translations option, is it possible to also include something like --only-translations?

Date: 2010-12-15 19:44

Message:
Hello Jakub,

Colin Watson made a similar request
   http://bugs.debian.org/599179
   http://bugs.debian.org/602387

As a translator, I have several times found that the PO file which was provided to me had not been updated with respect to source files, thus I am quite reluctant to implement such an option, I really like po4a's current behaviour to ensure that PO files are always up-to-date.
But if you can convince me that it is really needed, I will be glad to reconsider my position ;)