[Po4a-devel] po4a::tex 'Use of uninitialized value $newfilepath' error

Sergiy Kolesnikov skstudio at gmx.de
Sun Dec 19 14:04:46 UTC 2010

Hi,

on running
   $ po4a po4a.cfg
or
   $ po4a --force po4a.cfg

I get the following error:

Use of uninitialized value $newfilepath in string eq at
/usr/share/perl5/Locale/Po4a/TeX.pm line 962.
po4a::tex: Can't find latex/en/iTest-Documentation.tex with kpsewhich

My po4a.cfg:

[po_directory] po
[type: latex] latex/en/iTest-Documentation.tex \
               $lang:latex/$lang/iTest-Documentation.tex
[type: latex] latex/en/iTestServer.tex $lang:latex/$lang/iTestServer.tex
[type: latex] latex/en/iTestClient.tex $lang:latex/$lang/iTestClient.tex

And my project directory structure:
.
|-- latex
|   |-- en
|   |   |-- header.tex
|   |   |-- iTest-Documentation.tex
|   |   |-- iTestClient.tex
|   |   `-- iTestServer.tex
|   `-- uk
|-- po
|   |-- itest.pot
|   `-- uk.po
`-- po4a.cfg

The only way to get rid of the error is to put the tex files into the
root directory of the project and change the po4a.cfg accordingly, but
it is not that convenient to have the files there.

I read man po4a and still not sure if it is a misconfiguration of mine
or a bug in po4a.  Any help is appreciated.

--
Regards,
Sergiy S. Kolesnikov