[Po4a-devel] po4a 0.40 is out, let's open the gates for 0.40.1

David Prévot david at tilapin.org
Wed Jul 28 20:52:45 UTC 2010

Le 28/07/2010 15:21, Omar Campagne a écrit :
> Wow David, amazing work. Please note, however, that some of
> this changes are a bit cultural, so to speak

To be honest, the goal was to unified what was already done :

> i.e. Locale... - Convert --> Locale... - convert

Some short synopsis began with a cap, some didn't, now they all begin
without cap (like debian packages synopsis should), but if it's more
usual to begin with a cap here, we can unify the other way around.

> or the deletion of the article in the example lines
>
> i.e # The line containing... -> # Line containing...
>
> (english can be more concise than other languages)

Same her, most comments (in the same page or others) didn't begin with
cap, so I unified with what was done.

> as well as the use of minor letters instead of capital ones in some
> examples.

Most of the time, the goal was to reach some consistency with the other
parts of the documentation. It's not rock stable: we can unify one way
or the other ;-).

> OTOH, the bulk of changes are po -> POD, sgml -> SGML and more, which do
> apply. I initially used only «po» given the inconsitency between
> appereances.

gettext official manual use "PO", so I really think it's better here.

> I mention this so you do not get surprised if you don't see all changes
> taken into other translations.

I take care of most of the unfuzzy, but it's up to translators to unify
the way they prefer (actually, in some languages, and some parts of the
documentations, it was already unified the "new" way). I thought it was
not fair to ask translators to take care of these issues, making their
translation ~15% fuzzy, so I continue...

> As a last note, now you gonna make me do the stylistic brush up I wanted
> to do for Spanish long ago. Things look good in Spanish, just wanted to
> see where I could get more «elegant».

Great, and thanks for taking care of your own translation, it's better
to "cleverly" unfuzzy, I mean when you understand what you are messing
up ;-).

> Me again... I will do at least Catalan tomorrow morning, just finished
> Spanish. You already did a lot David :)

Thanks, do you prefer me to upload the fuzzy Catalan translation too
once I'm done ? Actually, while carefully unfuzzing, I spot some style
stuff I forgot to made (or upload :/), so anyway, I will upload Spanish
translation fuzzy again tonight if that's OK with you.

Hope I will be done tonight for the documentation (except Spanish and
Catalan), and may begin to unfuzzy po/bin... Anyway, as already
announced, strings are likely to change again a bit.

Cheers

David