[Po4a-devel] Preparation of the next po4a 0.40 release

Neil Williams codehelp at debian.org
Thu Jul 29 07:24:24 UTC 2010

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 00:16:11 +0200
Denis Barbier <bouzim at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2010/7/23 Omar Campagne wrote:
> > Just a quick note. po/bin/po4a.pot was regenerated in the sources
> > (187 messages) but not the translators' files (185 messages). I
> > guess that can go in the next release and call for translations
> > along with the corrections pointed out in the two previous emails.
>
> Hi Neil,
>
> Omar is right, po/bin/*.po files are no more updated since po4a build
> system has been converted to po4a-build.
> Could you please have a look?  In particular po/bin/Makefile and
> share/po4a-build.make have no update-po target, that looks strange to
> me.

This would be a lot easier if we switched from the abandonware called
CVS (to be orphaned in Debian if it isn't already) and used SVN.

update-po is not a standard target but we shouldn't try to rebuild
every PO every time any change is made in the sources, so it is now a
specific target, to be run when the package is in an appropriate state
that a round of translations is due.

In most cases of packages using po4a-build, the po/ directory is
just ./po/ and the PO updates are done manually with intltool-update -r

(which is all that the update-po target now does, albeit with the -g
switch to make intltool happy with po/bin)

--

Neil Williams