[Po4a-devel] asciidoc table support

Anders Nawroth anders at neotechnology.com
Tue Sep 11 08:36:03 UTC 2012

Hi!

Setting up a test case was the perfect way to find the bug in my setup :-)
So the patch actually works, yay!

I'll start migrating our existing translations to use po4a, and see if
I encounter any more issues.

Any advice on the size of .po files?
Would putting an entire documentation (let's say 250 A4 pages) in a
single file still be nice to work with?
Or could this be a case for splitting into one po file per chapter?

/anders

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM, D. Barbier <bouzim at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2012/9/10 Anders Nawroth wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I just found out about po4a recently, and it matches my use case very
>> well which is wonderful!
>>
>> Anyhow, I'm having a problem with the AsciiDoc support.
>> It seems it simply doesn't parse table differently (marking them as Plain text).
>> Which of course ruins the markup completely (as it's rewrapped).
>>
>> I tried fixing this by editing the Text.pm file, matching the table
>> markup in line 376
>> (of the current trunk version of the file), like so:
>>  ($line =~ m/^(\/{4,}|\+{4,}|-{4,}|\.{4,}|\*{4,}|_{4,}|={4,}|~{4,}|\|(=){4,})$/))
>> {
>> i.e., adding |\|(=){4,}
>> and then modifying the listing block code to make it handle tables as
>> well (line 398):
>>  } elsif ($t eq "-" || $t eq "|") {
>>
>> This makes po4a-gettextize output a po file that looks perfect to me.
>> The content of the table is recognized as a delimited block, set to no-wrap,
>> and the text has explicit \n's for the newlines.
>>
>> The problem comes when running po4a-translate.
>> The table markup is still rewrapped in the result!
>>
>> Can anybody give me a hint as to what I'm missing here?
>>
>> I attached example data in a file.
>
> Hello Anders,
>
> Your patch looks good and works for me, thus I committed it into SVN
> to make sure that we use the same files.  If you still have trouble,
> can you please post a minimal testcase to reproduce it?  Maybe your
> real example triggers some bug which does not occur when using only an
> excerpt.
>
> Denis

Anders Nawroth [anders at neotechnology.com]
Skype: anders.nawroth