[Po4a-devel] asciidoc table support

D. Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 09:34:51 UTC 2012

On 2012/9/11 Anders Nawroth wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Setting up a test case was the perfect way to find the bug in my setup :-)
> So the patch actually works, yay!

Great, thanks again for your patch.

> I'll start migrating our existing translations to use po4a, and see if
> I encounter any more issues.
>
> Any advice on the size of .po files?
> Would putting an entire documentation (let's say 250 A4 pages) in a
> single file still be nice to work with?
> Or could this be a case for splitting into one po file per chapter?

I had to deal with very large PO files some years ago, and we decided
to split PO files to have less than 5000 msgids, otherwise msgmerge
was too slow.  There have been speed improvements in msgmerge since
then, this limit may be much higher now.
Splitting PO files also helps distributing workload among different
translators.  One reason to not split is to avoid duplicate msgids,
but this can be managed via a compendium file if needed.

Denis