[Po4a-devel] New --porefs option, call to translations coming soon, po4a-buid retired

D. Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 07:29:12 UTC 2012

On 2012/9/18 Neil Williams <codehelp at debian.org>:
> On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 01:58:51 +0200
> "D. Barbier" <bouzim at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I will soon update PO files so that you can translate documentation
>> about these new options.  But I want to build PO files with
>> --porefs=counter.  The problem is that I do not know how to do that
>> with the current build system.  So unless someone explains how to do
>> that with po4a-build, I will very soon revert our build system to
>> using plain configuration files.
>
> Throwing baby out with the bath water...

Nothing is thrown away at the moment, I am just changing how po4a
generates its own PO files.  But if nobody maintains it, yes it may
get dropped at some point.

> po4a-build.conf IS a plain configuration file....
>
> po4a-build isn't hard to tweak. It calls po4a itself. All that's needed
> is code similar to the KEEP option in the config which sets a value and
> it should probably be generic, so make it PO4AOPTIONS or similar.
> Modify our po4a-build.conf to specify what is needed then put that in
> each call to po4a (internal and external use) in the same was as the
> KEEP option in the config generates a $K variable which is passed to
> po4a.
>
> Needs to be done for the POTONLY call as well.
>
> Then add documentation (and get it translated) for the new option.

No problem.  While you are at it, please also fix

   http://bugs.debian.org/557665
   http://bugs.debian.org/600003

> I'm away at the moment but there can't be any reason to rush this out
> during a release freeze, so there is plenty of time to get this done
> without throwing away po4a-build.

Funny.  I cannot see any reason why po4a development should stop
during Debian release freeze.

Denis