[Po4a-devel] New release

D. Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 12:18:38 UTC 2013

On 2013/8/21 Didier Spaier wrote:
> On 21/08/2013 00:04, D. Barbier wrote:
>>
>> I have been able to build sp-1.3.4 with the attached patch.
>> Anyway I am afraid that this won't solve your problem.
>> Can you please run
>>   cd t && PERLLIB=../lib perl ../po4a-normalize \
>>      -o debug="tag generic refs entities nsgmls" \
>>      -f sgml data-20/test2.sgml > log.out 2>&1
>> and send the log.out file?
>

> Hello,
>
> this patch fails on my system because it tries to patch
> spgrove/GroveBuilder.cxx
> which is missing in ftp://ftp.jclark.com/pub/sp/sp-1.3.4.tar.gz
> that I used (and if I leave out this part of the parch make fails anyway).
>
> So I figured that instead you applied it against
> ftp://ftp.jclark.com/pub/jade/jade-1.2.1.tar.gz, thus downloaded
> the source jade package for sid and applied the big patch
> jade_1.2.1-47.3.diff.
> The build went OK, so I replaced slackware-current's binary nsgmls by
> the one I just made.
>
> Unfortunately something should be wrong as then running aforementioned
> command just gave me attached output log.out.debian (and if I run
> ./Build test I get similar result).l

Hello,

This error message means that nsgmls could not find some DTD file.
You can let it know about the location of your catalogs by setting the
SGML_CATALOG_FILES environment variable.

> Then I reverted to the nsgmls shipped with Slackware and got something
> more useful, I hope, see attached log.out.slack.
>
> I hope that helps you investigate further, thanks for your time.

I see nothing wrong with this output :-/
Can you please post files po4a-normalize.po and po4a-normalize.output
which have also been generated?

Denis