[Po4a-devel] New release

Didier Spaier didier.spaier at epsm.fr
Wed Aug 21 15:31:01 UTC 2013

On 21/08/2013 14:18, D. Barbier wrote:
> On 2013/8/21 Didier Spaier wrote:
>> On 21/08/2013 00:04, D. Barbier wrote:
>>>
>>> I have been able to build sp-1.3.4 with the attached patch.
>>> Anyway I am afraid that this won't solve your problem.
>>> Can you please run
>>>    cd t && PERLLIB=../lib perl ../po4a-normalize \
>>>       -o debug="tag generic refs entities nsgmls" \
>>>       -f sgml data-20/test2.sgml > log.out 2>&1
>>> and send the log.out file?
>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> this patch fails on my system because it tries to patch
>> spgrove/GroveBuilder.cxx
>> which is missing in ftp://ftp.jclark.com/pub/sp/sp-1.3.4.tar.gz
>> that I used (and if I leave out this part of the parch make fails anyway).
>>
>> So I figured that instead you applied it against
>> ftp://ftp.jclark.com/pub/jade/jade-1.2.1.tar.gz, thus downloaded
>> the source jade package for sid and applied the big patch
>> jade_1.2.1-47.3.diff.
>> The build went OK, so I replaced slackware-current's binary nsgmls by
>> the one I just made.
>>
>> Unfortunately something should be wrong as then running aforementioned
>> command just gave me attached output log.out.debian (and if I run
>> ./Build test I get similar result).l
>
> Hello,
>
> This error message means that nsgmls could not find some DTD file.
> You can let it know about the location of your catalogs by setting the
> SGML_CATALOG_FILES environment variable.

Hello,

Yes, it seems it couldn't find docbook.dtd for DocBook 4.1 as only the most
recent one last (for DocBook V4.5) is shipped in Slackware.

>> Then I reverted to the nsgmls shipped with Slackware and got something
>> more useful, I hope, see attached log.out.slack.
>>
>> I hope that helps you investigate further, thanks for your time.
>
> I see nothing wrong with this output :-/
> Can you please post files po4a-normalize.po and po4a-normalize.output
> which have also been generated?

These files are attached.

In t/20, the doctype declaration refers to DocBook V4.1

As I have only the DTD for V4.5, could the test fail because of a difference
between the two DTD ?

Didier