[Po4a-devel] Where does the debian package live?

D. Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 21:52:53 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-18 22:49 GMT+02:00 Martin Quinson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to help a bit merging some of the bugs that are pending, and
> I cannot find the debian package source anymore.

Hello Martin,

Great, I am procrastinating for months, your help is very welcome.

> It seems to me that
> the upstream source is here:
> svn+ssh://mquinson@scm.alioth.debian.org/svn/po4a/trunk
>
> And the PTS says that the package is here:
> svn://svn.debian.org/svn/po4a/trunk
>
> but as far as I can tell, there is the same content in both svn roots.
> That could be easily explained by the fact that scm.alioth.debian.org
> and svn.debian.org are the same machine :)
>
> It becomes funny because there is no debian/ in this repository. It
> got removed on  by Denis in a commit stating:
>   Drop debian/ directory
>
>   It is now managed in an external git repository, see
>    http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/po4a.git

The reason is that I wanted to encourage adoption of po4a outside of
Debian, and some people may get afraid that having a debian/ directory
implies that it is specific to Debian.

> And then, in that git repo, there is no activity since 2012-10-20
> while v0.45 was uploaded on 2013-08-21.
>
> Denis, did you forget to push some changes or even to commit some stuff?
> Or am I just too tired to read it right?

Indeed, I forgot to push 0.45-1, this is fixed now.  Thanks.

Denis