[Po4a-devel] Support for SVG files?

D. Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Thu May 15 07:04:35 UTC 2014

On 2014-05-15 1:28 GMT+02:00 Claudio Filho wrote:
> Hi
>
> My name is Claudio and i did a work called "Understand Debian"[1], a
> infographic with an overview of Debian as all. In the past I did it in 10
> languages, but I edited by hand, a very poor support to translated versions.
> [1] http://cfnarede.com.br/infografico-do-debian
>
> So, Raphael Hertzog, from Debian's Handbook, suggested to use po4a. What i
> see, is a good tool, but i don't know if is an user problem our haven't
> support in the tool.
>
> As SVG is a XML file, i saw that was good the convertion from SVG to PO, but
> when i try return to SVG with the translation, i have problems, where the
> tool said me that the source *need* to be a .doc file (???).
>
> Are you some experience in use po4a in SVG files and can share with me?

Hello Claudio,

XML format should work, it looks like several people do what you want:
  https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2013-October/011163.html
  http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=aptitude/aptitude.git;a=blob;f=doc/po4a/po4a.cfg

Maybe you can try with a simple SVG file and tell us exactly what is
going wrong?

Denis