[Po4a-devel] po4a & Markdown

Sergey Korobitsin undertaker at arta.kz
Wed Jan 28 03:46:01 UTC 2015

Jonas Smedegaard ☫ → To Sergey Korobitsin @ Tue, Jan 27, 2015 13:39 +0100

Hi Jonas,

> > what is the way to translate Markdown-formatted text with po4a?
> > Explicit type 'markdown' is not supported,
> > and the only mention of Markdown I found is in
> > /usr/share/perl5/Locale/Po4a/Text.pm,
> > my Perl-fu is not enough to dig harder.
>
> Thanks for your interest in po4a.
>
> Here's how to enable the mardown support:
>
>   po4a-gettextize -f text -o markdown ...
>
> Hope that is enough of clue for you.

Thanks! I'm using integrated po4a binary,
but I've already found a way to pass the option ("opt:" in config file).

> Also, I hope you don't mind that I shared my response with the public
> po4a mailinglist so that others might stumble across our conversation
> too.

Of course.

P.S. As I've found, not all features of Markdown are supported,
the first one is old style headers (==== and ----). But they are
preserved in PO file, so that's not a big problem.