[Po4a-devel] po4a 0.46 just released

Martin Quinson martin.quinson at loria.fr
Thu May 21 22:37:22 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 01:01:46PM +0200, Marco Ciampa wrote:
> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 09:32:13AM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
> > Thanks for your support.
> >
> > There is definitely no need to fork the project: our resources are
> > already scarce, and a fork would not help us. I'm ok with migrating
> > the project to another host if that's what you need to participate,
> > but your energy is welcome within the project, no need to fork ;)
>
> I would LOVE to see it into a git(hub? bucket? or the like) hosting service.

What about a git repository on alioth? I'd prefer to stick to a free
hosting service (as in free speech). I agree that svn is bothersome.
I'll try to apply
https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git#Convert_a_SVN_Alioth_repository_to_Git
soon.

> > There is still a bunch of low hanging fruits in the debian and alioth
> > bug trackers that I plan to fix, but any help (and patches) for the
> > other bugs is really warmly welcome.
>
> I would like to contribute in the translation of po4a doc in italian and
> for bug report/test with asciidoc.

That would be great, of course.

> > One of my dreams would be to port po4a to perl6 to enjoy the new way
> > of writing parsers. But it won't happen anytime soon, I fear.
>
> Support for Perl5 will last for many years so there is no need to hurry...

I know, but perl6 seems to be a nice language that I'd like to learn
in the process ;)

Bye, Mt.

--
You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
   --- Martin Luther King, Jr