[Po4a-devel] Alioth is closing, po4a needs a new home very soon

Brian Exelbierd bex at pobox.com
Thu Feb 1 09:22:51 UTC 2018

Hi All,

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018, at 9:02 AM, Brian Exelbierd wrote:

> > > I can certainly help a bit.
> > >
> > > So, we have to:
> > >
> > > 1) move the web site
> >
> > We have to have a space where to put it in. Any suggestion?
> > Buying a little space is not a big issue though.
>
> We have space now.  I haven't had a moment to build the site and test it
> at the new location.  I owe the system administrator and SSH key which I
> intend to email today.  Assuming he gets it installed, I hope to push a
> test publication today as well.

Sorry it took a few extra days.  I have uploaded the site to https://www.po4a.org/

This was heavily reliant on the hardwork of Duck, a community sysadmin with Red Hat.

I believe the site is working.  A linkchecker revealed what appears to be the same broken links as the original site (baby steps).

Please beat up on this.  I will open a PR with the changes required to get this work.  We should consider updating content links as they are ready.

> > > 2) move the issues
> >
> > This could be tricky. I suggest to just "snapshot" the issues with
> > something like wget or curl and then re-create the opened issues and
> > preserve the old one as a static block.
>
> I think anything we can do to get this data out is useful.  Can anyone
> take this one?

Anyone? Anyone?

> > > 3) move the list
> >
> > Issues and list could be created on launchpad. Are there any objections
> > to this?
>
> We have a new list location on the new domain.  Martin, per the last
> email I saw, is trying to recover access to our current list so we can
> effect a migration.

I'll let Duck and Martin chime in here.

regards,

bex