[Pommed-devel] backlight support for macbook rev 3

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Fri Jul 27 10:17:04 UTC 2007

Steffen Schulz <pepe at cbg.dyndns.org> wrote:

Hi,

>> Great ! Do you have something under /proc/acpi/video/ ?
>
> Nope. It works without loading the acpi video module, which from the
> kernel doc is only a reference implementation anyway.

Yes, it's writing directly to the IO port so it doesn't need any
module :)

> cat /proc/acpi/video/GFX0/LCD/brightness
>  <not supported>

Too bad. We'll go with the bl1.c code for now, I guess :)

> For whatever reason, it is named 'applesmc.768' here.
> Latest mactel-patches from svn.

Duh, forgot about that one. You need pommed from SVN, that's the very
first change I made for 1.8 :)

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>