[Pommed-devel] pommed and powertop

Arthur Amarra arthur_amarra at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 31 11:36:37 UTC 2007

Hi, I'm using a Macbook 2.16 Core 2 (Black).

pommed and gpommed works wonderfully, thank you so much for developing this app.

This is more of a feature request than anything, but when I am running Powertop (www.linuxpowertop.org) , I notice that gpommed and pommed are responsible for around 15-20 and 5 CPU wakeups per second respectively.

Now I know that polling is one of the most effective and efficient ways to monitor the status of the backlight, etc. but using a notification system like inotify would save some of these wakeups from happening and increase the battery life.

I would like to try to patch this myself, if only I had time and more experience in C programming, but if you would look into this issue (or maybe just point me where in the source code to look) it would be greatly appreciated.

Again, thank you for a wonderful app =)

regards,
Arthur V. Amarra

now.