[Pommed-devel] macbook 3

Rob Terhaar robbyt at robbyt.net
Sat Jun 16 21:32:10 UTC 2007

On 6/16/07, Julien BLACHE <jb at jblache.org> wrote:
> "Rob Terhaar" <robbyt at robbyt.net> wrote:
>
> > so i tested out a few things other then the backlight. Gpomme shoes
> > all of the graphics correctly for volume, eject, etc. The other main
> > feature that isn't working is the keyboard backlight. I am able to
> > manually set the brightness of the keyboard backlight from setting
> > values of 0-255 into /sys/class/leds/smc:kbd_backlight/brightness
> >
> > also, i get light values from /sys/devices/platform/applesmc/light
> > ex: (75,29)
>
> Yeah, I forgot to add the machine to the list of machines with backlit
> keyboard, so that's why it wasn't working with the first patch :)
>
> The second patch I just sent should fix that ;)
>
> JB.

The keyboard backlight buttons are working now! The light sensor is
being read, but when i turn the lights on and off and my office,
nothing seems to actually happen-  the amb. light readings are
changing wildly, but shouldn't the keyboard backlight be flipping on
and off?

re: appleir
I have the kernel module loaded successfully, and as far as i know-
the latest mactel-linux patches should support this IR receiver. but
xev shows nothing when i try to get any sort of input from the remote
control...

re: sound
the funny thing about sound in linux on this laptop... I'm thinking
there's a problem with alsa. The drivers load correctly, and the alsa
mixer shows all of the channels. your pommed actually changes volume
correctly, but the overall sound output is very very quiet. I can just
hardly make out music over headphones. thru the built-in speakers, i
can't hear anything at all. so i guess _your_ software is working ok
though!