[Pommed-devel] #312002 backlight control for iMac11, 1 27" i7 ATI M98L HD 4850

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jun 29 23:04:54 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 06:42:00PM +0200, Julien BLACHE wrote:
>  - Check that there is a backlight access method available for the
>    machine. Nowadays it's just checking that there is something under
>    /sys/class/backlight and that this something actually does control
>    the backlight;

I've stopped here.  There is nothing on 2.6.32.  None of the
drivers/video/backlight/ modules when loaded cause any change to
/sys/class/backlight.

I've checked 2.6.34 as well, nothing there.

I've checked the kernelnewbies change summary for each Apple or iMac
related change from 2.6.32 onwards, and there's nothing yet.

Thanks for the reply ... I should engage the kernel community.  ;-}

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/