[py3porters-devel] Python 2, Python 3, Stretch & Buster

Zhi An Ng ngzhian at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 18:40:32 UTC 2015

Hi,
I haven't been following this thread too closely, and I'm not familiar with
debian packaging related stuff. But I can help write code :)

>From what I see, we need people to help port python-git?

>From a search on debian packages, this is the package we're talking about:
https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/python-git
The homepage no longer exist (https://gitorious.org/projects/git-python/),
and I think it got rename as GitPython, which exists here (
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/GitPython/1.0.0)

I'm not sure how we should proceed, either we can port python-git, or
package gitpython up (a search for it on packages.debian.org turned up
empty) and change the dependency.

Best,
Zhi An