[py3porters-devel] Python 2, Python 3, Stretch & Buster

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at mapreri.org
Thu Apr 23 20:07:38 UTC 2015

[dropping poitless CCs and enrico]

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 8:40 PM, Zhi An Ng <ngzhian at gmail.com> wrote:
> From a search on debian packages, this is the package we're talking about:
> https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/python-git
> The homepage no longer exist (https://gitorious.org/projects/git-python/),
> and I think it got rename as GitPython, which exists here
> (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/GitPython/1.0.0)
>
> I'm not sure how we should proceed, either we can port python-git, or
> package gitpython up (a search for it on packages.debian.org turned up
> empty) and change the dependency.

I'm not sure i'm understanding this whole python-git foo.
src:python-git is GitPython, and it has support for python3.
Actually i got bite by it during the winder, and i already submitted a
but with patch.

python-git is missing a py3 dep, but nothing oto difficult.
the two bugs:
python-gitdb: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=778932
python-git: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=774903

paultag: an upload? ;)

do you feel like i should ask to enter the dpmt and just commit them?
(after all, that's the whole point of a team, but every team is
different and i have yet to understand what kind of team is the dpmt
in this regards)

--
regards,
Mattia Rizzolo