[py3porters-devel] Python 2, Python 3, Stretch & Buster

Paul Tagliamonte paultag at debian.org
Thu Apr 23 20:16:09 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 10:07:38PM +0200, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> [dropping poitless CCs and enrico]

[Thanks!]

> I'm not sure i'm understanding this whole python-git foo.
> src:python-git is GitPython, and it has support for python3.
> Actually i got bite by it during the winder, and i already submitted a
> but with patch.

Ah! Nice! I was talking about python-dulwich (which is the library I
personally prefer) which is over at:

    https://github.com/jelmer/dulwich
    https://www.samba.org/~jelmer/dulwich/

Jelmer is a really rad dude, and is a Debian Developer, too.

> python-git is missing a py3 dep, but nothing oto difficult.
> the two bugs:
> python-gitdb: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=778932
> python-git: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=774903
>
> paultag: an upload? ;)

Flawless. It's team maintained, let's sync up off thread and email the
human on the package, and make sure it's OK if I upload those patches.

Would you mind emailing takaki at debian.org, bernat at debian.org and myself
asking about those bugs?

I'd be happy to sponsor if they're busy! I have DPMT rights and I can do
the svn dance too.

> do you feel like i should ask to enter the dpmt and just commit them?
> (after all, that's the whole point of a team, but every team is
> different and i have yet to understand what kind of team is the dpmt
> in this regards)

Yeah, that's totally OK (I did this a few days ago with markupfield) but
getting an ACK is the polite thing to do :)

Cheers,
  Paul

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag at debian.org>  |   Proud Debian Developer
: :'  : 4096R / 8F04 9AD8 2C92 066C 7352  D28A 7B58 5B30 807C 2A87