[Reportbug-maint] VCS metadata noise (was: [Reportbug-commits] r559 - in (4 files))

Chris Lawrence lawrencc at debian.org
Sat Jul 5 18:52:20 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 6:22 AM, Sandro Tosi <matrixhasu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 11:28, Ben Finney <ben+debian at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
>> If I remember rightly, Chris is also avoiding the Subversion client
>> (You're using 'git, right, Chris?).
>
> Chris said he's using git-svn interface for it's module-binary code
> separation branch

Yep, I'm using git-svn mostly because (my understanding is*) that it
has better support for keeping a local branch in sync with a moving
trunk than plain svn; I was also planning on keeping the same working
copy on more than one computer, which seems a bit easier in the git
world than svn.  I'm not so much avoiding svn as playing around with
git, really :)

I have a couple of non-coding projects (e.g. for my real job) I need
to work on this weekend but I'll see about finishing up my work (at
this point it's just the tests and debian/changelog that need updates)
and pushing my changes into a subversion branch when I get sick of
writing & need a break or get those projects done.

Chris

* My understanding could, of course, be wrong on this point.