[Reportbug-maint] Reportbug - adding a GTK UI

Sandro Tosi matrixhasu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 10:43:03 UTC 2008

Hi all,
Ondrej expressed[1] the will to introduce a GTK ui for reportbug, and
I do think it's a good thing to have.

After a while, I noticed gnome-reportbug[2] package that aimed to
exactly add a GTK interface to reportbug. I like its approach, a
simple gui *over* reportbug, and I think that having a different
binary package (bug opefully maintained inside reportbug repository)
for this GUI is a nice-to-have: this way a user that like text
interface doesn't need to download all the GTK libs for that UI and a
graphical-savvy user can have the best of both worlds.

Philipp, are you still interested in this package? Would you still
like to add a GTK-ui to reportbug? would you like to join reportbug
team to work on this (and/or other aspect of the package)? Ondrej,
maybe here a joint-effort with Philipp to take gnome-reportbug in a
better shape than it's now would be a plus and then merge it into
reportbug repo.

I look forward to hear back from you.

Cheers,
Sandro