[Reportbug-maint] merging common stuff in python-debianbts?

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jun 5 22:26:45 UTC 2008

On 04-Jun-2008, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> My working plan at the moment is to move most of the reusable code
> in reportbug into a separate package, tentatively named 'dreportbug'
> (that's the name I've chosen in my git-svn tree, to avoid a name
> conflict between 'reportbug' the script and reportbug the Python
> package).  So debianbts.py would become dreportbug.debianbts.

I'm planning to implement the 'reportbug' Python package, by moving
the 'reportbug' program to a separate directory to avoid that name
conflict. I think that the expected package name for reportbug modules
will be the name 'reportbug', so it's worth choosing that name if
possible.

That is, the 'reportbug' program would be stored in the project
working tree in 'bin/reportbug'; the top-level 'reportbug/' directory
would be the 'reportbug' Python package; and the 'debianbts' module
would be imported as 'reportbug.debianbts'.

Does this seem worthwhile? I'd like to work with you, Chris, before
you go too far along the road of a package named 'dreportbug'.

--
 \         "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" "I think so, |
  `\     Brain, but what kind of rides do they have in Fabioland?"  -- |