[Reportbug-maint] [reportbug] r538 - in /trunk: ./ debian/changelog reportbug.py

Sandro Tosi matrixhasu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 11:34:41 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 13:28, Ben Finney <ben+debian at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Okay. At some point in the future, as part of a normal edit, I'll
> strip trailing whitespace while editing the file. The simplest way to
> do that is by using my editor's feature to do it to the *whole* file;
> anything else is more effort and more error-prone.

and that's perfectly fine for any files (and I didn't object to that)...

> For now, I'll revert these whitespace changes to changelog.

... but due to the specific nature of debian/changelog, I think the
best approach is a wishlist bug against devhelper to have an option to
strip trailing whitespaces from current edited entry by dch (the tool
to be used to edit debian/changelog). Do you want me to file it or
will you do?

Sandro