[Reportbug-maint] Modularization work in progress

Sandro Tosi matrixhasu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 21:32:20 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 23:19, Ben Finney <ben+debian at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> "Sandro Tosi" <matrixhasu at gmail.com> writes:
>> why not put it into a branch? I suggest to move it there, to respect
>> the recommended layout[1]
>
> Well, it *is* a branch (isn't that what 'svn copy URL_FOO URL_BAR'
> does?), but as you point out it's in the wrong place.

Yeah, I wanted to say "why not put it under branches/" instead of what
I wrote...

>> [1] http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.tour.importing.html#svn.tour.importing.layout
>
> Okay. My apologies for putting it in the wrong place.
>
> I'm not overly familiar with Subversion.

No problem; anyhow, I would have spent half an hour get used to svn,
since you should use it for this project ;)

> What commands should I be
> using to move the branch to the correct location? Is a simple 'mv' on
> the filesystem enough?

of course NOT! or better, to move the local working copy on your
filesystem, you can do whatever you want; to move on the remote svn
repository, you have to handle it witn svn client, "svn mv ... ..." is
the way to go; issue a "svn help move" for help.

>> I planned to work a bit on rb bugfixes these days: I'll try to
>> disrupt as less as possible, just tell me if for you is easy to
>> merge trunk or not: the first will allow me to do direct code
>> changes, the latter would mean me to save patches somewhere to apply
>> them once the new tree will be in place (ie trunk)
>
> As for my 'reportbuglib' branch, I'll do my best to keep it in sync
> with changes to 'trunk'

Fine, maybe a progressive work it's better than a single block before merge

> until I merge it in on Friday.

Well, on which version to merge, I think you should reach a consensus
with Chris.

Cheers,
Sandro