[Reportbug-maint] Move to git?

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Tue Mar 24 13:57:05 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 16:26, Sandro Tosi <morph at debian.org> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> It's been some months since I was using git (with git-svn bridge) with
> reportbug code base, and I admit it's really powerful, in particular
> the feature branch workflow.
>
> AFAICS, Chris used it when splitting out python-reportbug module, and
> Luca (the GTK+ UI contributor) used it too.
>
> That said, why don't move from svn to git directly? I volunteer to do
> the switch. If I don't receive any "STOP" email within a week or so,
> I'll convert the svn repo (maintaining the history) to a git one.

A little bit earlier than a week (sorry if I'm too fast ;) ), I
finally converted[1] our repository to git[2]

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git#ConvertaSVNAliothrepositorytoGit
[2] git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/reportbug/reportbug.git

Please use this know, since I'll be asking for SVN removal as soon as
possible (for example, once I upload 4.0 to sid, that's really soon
now, and teh conversion was blocking it).

Cheers,