[Reportbug-maint] Move to git?

Y Giridhar Appaji Nag appaji at debian.org
Wed Mar 25 07:06:25 UTC 2009

On 09/03/24 14:57 +0100, Sandro Tosi said ...
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 16:26, Sandro Tosi <morph at debian.org> wrote:
> >
> > That said, why don't move from svn to git directly? I volunteer to do
> > the switch. If I don't receive any "STOP" email within a week or so,
> > I'll convert the svn repo (maintaining the history) to a git one.
>
> A little bit earlier than a week (sorry if I'm too fast ;) ), I
> finally converted[1] our repository to git[2]

Not "too fast" but a bit impatient perhaps? ;).  Thanks for the work.

> [1] http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git#ConvertaSVNAliothrepositorytoGit
> [2] git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/reportbug/reportbug.git

Doesn't work for me (I can't push changes).  The problem is that
reportbug.git and its subdirectories on git.debian.org is not writable
by the "reportbug" group.  Can you please correct it?

> Please use this know, since I'll be asking for SVN removal as soon as
> possible (for example, once I upload 4.0 to sid, that's really soon
> now, and teh conversion was blocking it).

I suggest that we let the repository be around for a while (a few months
actually), just in case we discover that something wasn't converted over
properly.  Such things take time to discover.

Cheers,

Giridhar

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag | http://people.debian.org/~appaji/